Thursday, February 13, 2014


I forgot a few things in my last post. I'll start with our uhaul trip from Texas to Idaho. I don't recommend it to anyone haha. Moving in general! I hate it! A lot of our stuff got damaged even though I was good about covering furniture and boxing up everything.... I was sad when we unloaded it. Our table is probably the worst. The legs and chairs look horrible, and the top has a quite a bit of scratches and dings. Thankfully we bought it off the clearance floor at rc willey and wasn't too expensive. Dan and I flew down on Wednesday, packed up our truck on Thursday, thanks to some amazing helpers! The good thing about Dan working in the fitness industry is everyone he works with and came to help was buff and loaded our whole 10'x20' unit in just a few hours. When we packed it, it took Dan and I all day! That thing was PACKED! 
I was nervous about the trip and driving that huge load 1700 miles. Dan drove the whole time! So we took off right after we finished packing and drive through little town after little town. They all reminded me of Melba. Middle of no where, no stop lights, two lane road, no place to eat or sleep. Well we were about 4 hrs I to it and it was starting to get dark. Then it started raining. Freezing rain. We could barely see out the windshield. Out wipers and lights sucked and it was scary. We were freaking out. Right when we were ready to just pull off on the side of the road we saw a sign for a super 8 in 10 miles. Longest 10 miles of the whole trip! We got there and it was sketchy!!! Our room looked like something from a murder mystery movie. Stained carpets, bad lighting, nasty worn out bedding. It was gross. So there was a little diner and we had hardly eaten all day and it was the only place to go, so we got some dinner and the tv was on and all it kept talking about was this giant winter storm coming through the same spot we were driving! And not only was it going to be freezing rain and fog, they issued the whole- don't drive u less you absolutely have to warning. We were freaking out. We got back to the room and I was sick to my stomach. We were watching the weather Chanel and as soon as storm "cleon" passed, storm "Dionne" was going to follow right behind hitting Utah and Idaho and Nevada.... The same days we were driving through there! So we texted out families, told them what's happening and got a game plan to just get up and drive as far as we could. We barely slept that night. The next morning everything had a sheet of ice on it. We got the windshield cleared off and some gas and got on the road.
After about 50 miles, the sun came out, the fog lifted, and the roads were clear. We couldn't believe it! 
We drove all the way to Phoenix that night I believe. I think it's was like 13 hrs. The roads were pretty good after that. I really enjoyed driving through a different part of the country than we took our first route back home. It was beautiful! Lots of cacti and funky Joshua trees and rugged mountains.
Kinda hard to see but there's a to. Of cacti
Joshua tree
We had to drive across that bridge, which looks small in this pic but it was huge! And up really high! I peed my pants. Little bit! This was on our way to Vegas right by the Hoover Dam.
This was on the back side of Vegas, I can't remember the name of it.
We made it to Vegas and stayed at my parents time share. We caught the shuttle to the strip and had dinner at planet Hollywood, which was awesome. Walked around Caesars palace and hit the black jack tables.
Goldmembers outfit from Austin powers. We ate dinner at the table right next to it.
"Is this the real Cesar's palace? Like did Cesar actually live here?"
(Side note, I don't know how to spell Cesar......Caesar? My autocorrect is showing me both ;) )
Anyways! It was the weekend of the NFR and the weekend so the table minimums were like $25. We found one for $15 and say and played for like 2 hrs next to some Argentinian guys who were so funny. We were doing really well, then the table turned but we walked away even. Which is a great thing when Ur in Vegas! 
The next day we drove all the way back to Melba, which was a long drive but we were so ready to be done! 
We love our new rental house, it's so nice compared to our cat pee one in Texas. We have a big back yard which is my favorite part! It's by the freeway, our bank, Walmart, and my gym. The boys have a big play room and the master bathroom is awesome. We are glad to be settled somewhere and hopefully we can take a big breath and relax for at least a Year before we have to move again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment