Monday, November 6, 2017

Morley Family Update!

Holy Cow! Life has been moving a million miles an hour! Ever since I had Raquel, I have been in a whirlwind....no a tornado of school, and soccer, and nursing, and toddler tantrums! I'm just trying to get the hang of having 4 kids. I thought 3 kids was going to be the worst, but I actually think 4 has been the hardest for me. I don't know why exactly, but I would say it's probably because Raquel and Jag are so close together. And I love that, but it's also so hard. When I had Damon and Rafe, they were the only two so my focus was all them. This time around I'm just so out numbered. I feel like I have a to do list a mile long and I can't ever make a dent in it. I can feed her, change her diaper, then Jag needs a diaper, then someone needs a snack, and then the laundry needs changed.....you get the idea. Every day, all day. You mommas know what I'm talking about!!

But life is GOOD! My kids are GREAT! It is hard being a mom. It's hard to TRY and be on top of everything and be super mom and have time for your own sanity. So it's an adjustment and I'm still working out the kinks, not very gracefully some days, but I'm working on it!

The boys have been doing so great in school! They both have lots of friends and are just happy boys. Jag really had a hard time with raquel when she was born, but now he just loves her and is always concerned when she cries. We've been concerned with Jag's speech, so he has his first speech therapy appointment tomorrow afternoon! I am so excited to get him talking more! It will make life so much easier! He just needs a little boost and I'm hoping this will help. Raquel is so sweet and tiny and just the center of attention all the time! She's so smiley and happy! She turns 4 months old today and I can't believe how fast it's going! I'm trying to soak it all in. She's been sleeping 6-7 hours at night so I moved her into her own room a few nights ago and it's been great! We also switched Jag to a toddler bed and he's done awesome with that too!! The smoothest transition with that yet!

We went to Mccall the other weekend and took some family pictures! It's crazy to look at these and think, these are all mine!!! I'm a lucky lady! I can't believe how big my boys are getting! It's unreal to me. Here's my favorite ones!



Damon- 7- 2nd Grade. He loves to play soccer and football. He still loves everything Star Wars and Lego's! He wants a giant nerf gun for Christmas. He is the best big brother ever! Such a sweet hearted boy and truly tries to please us as his parents. He's just the best!!
Rafe- 5- Kindergarten. He loves soccer, star wars, and lego's just as much as Damon. And surprise surprise, he wants a nerf gun for Christmas too! Thankfully Damon's a good example so he is just as sweet and good as Damon. He is pretty feisty when he wants to be, but as he gets older it's more rare. He is super protective over Jag and is great at playing with him and giving him attention. He's my little helper and he is definitely the comedian in the family! 
Jag is the perfect mix of Damon and Rafe. So sweet and cuddly, but such a stinker when he doesn't get what he wants! (Like most toddlers, I know) He just turned 2 so we are officially in the "terrible two's"! He has started hitting and throwing fits, but it's not too often. He's having a hard time speaking so that's most of the reason why he hits or throws fits. I'm hoping once he can communicate better, those will die down a bit. He is so funny and silly. He will always dance if there's music, he loves his sister. He loves to play with trucks and tractors and LOVES to read books. He loves to cuddle and watch Trolls every morning. He is just the funnest little boy and I am loving this stage where he is learning and growing so much!!
This girl is the apple of our eye! She is so sweet and so much fun to have around! I absolutely love to dress her every day! She has an insane amount of bows and cute clothes! Sometimes I change her twice a day just because I can!!! I've waited so long to have a girl who I can dress up and have a little dolly to play with! This fuzzy jacket I HAD to have when I saw it! Best $12 I ever spent!!! She has the loudest cry and can really keep it going! But she is so smiley and happy otherwise! She's doted on all day and is a total mommies girl! I like to call her baby rocky, but it's not Dan's favorite but I love it! I think it's a great nickname for a girl with three older brothers. A little tom boyish but still kinda girly! 





I need to do a few touch ups on them, but I'm just glad we got some good ones while we were up there!! Jag was a stinker for almost every single picture! But family pictures are hard with kids these ages anyways, so it's fine. 

 I did a few updates on my other blog that are more about raquels birth and life since then. If you're interested go on over! www.mommybrigade.blogspot.com







1 comment: