Thursday, March 13, 2014

5 years

For our anniversary, we got my mom to come over and watch the boys so we could have a romantic night out. Romantic meaning- Dave and Busters and 300: Rise of an Empire..... Haha so not romantic at all, but we had so much fun! After five years and two kids, you just need to have fun!
We started off the night cashing in a $5 scratch ticket that I won $80 on! We never buy crap like that, but we randomly did and actually won. Then we went to Dave and Busters and had an amazing time! We always play the same coin game where you drop your coin in and it hopefully pushes the other coins off the ledge and you get tickets. That game just wasn't cutting it so We branched out and played deal or no deal, which we ended up loving! One time I actually picked the case with the most tickets. I was preeeetty stoked.
We got lucky a few more times and won quite a few tickets but couldn't really find anything in the gift shop we wanted. Last time we got the boys these plastic. Cups with swirly straws and they just LOVE them. But there wasn't really anything else we wanted so we are just going to save the points and go back later with the boys and let them pick what they want. 
After that, we headed to the movie. I watched 300 for the first time when dan and I were dating and it has been one of my favorite movies ever since. So I was excited when the second one was coming out. We both really enjoyed it and thought it was right up there with the first one. 
At the end of the night we were talking about what we want to do in the next 5 years and how fast and crazy these first 5 have been. We reminisced about the late nights we would stay up in NYC talking about our future and our kids and the kind of parents we wanted to be. It feels like yesterday, and it was a lot easier to talk about the kind of parents we wanted to be than actually becoming those parents. We feel ok about the job we are doing, but it's just a big job and anyone who doesn't have kids can't imagine what it's really going to be like and how to react in certain circumstances. So I can't feel too bad that I'm not exactly the kind of mom I thought I would be 5 years ago. The naive, inexperienced, 19 yr old had no idea what it was really going to be like. 
So we talked about what we could improve on and what we wanted to do as a family and couple in the next 5 years. It's always fun to talk about that kind of stuff with Dan. I really picked a good guy! 
It's always an adventure with Dan, and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment