Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spring time!!

think springtime is officially here! We are loving the weather lately and hope it stays around! Today it was almost 60. The grass is getting greener and the kids no longer want coats when they go outside. The kids play outside for majority of the day it seems like. They will take breaks and come inside but we are always sending them back out. We have. Nice big backyard and have slowly been adding more out door toys. We recently got them little rakes and shovels and little dump trucks with buckets and stuff. We have a rock area to the side of the house where you can park a motor home or something, but that's where the boys spend most of their time digging in the dirt and hauling rocks around. It's helped with their sleeping and they are definitely more tired at night, which rocks!
We have been moving our rooms around. Tim and Beth are coming to stay with us for 6+ weeks and we really want them to feel comfortable in our home and have their own privacy. We had been talking about switching things up anyways, so we just went for it! It's been a little bit of an adjustment, but I think the worst is over! They would just play at night for hours instead of going to bed, but we've been putting them up stairs at 7 and letting them play for 30 min to an hr and they are usually out by 8:30. Especially rafe ever since I took his naps away. 
It's a pretty cool room/ toy room. They have tons of room and it's nice to keep the mess upstairs. 
Damon has recently starting hoarding his favorite toys..... Or refusing to share the big out door toys. I broke down and bought another tricycle because we've been having a rough time sharing that. I found one at this giant consignment sale I go to for $15. I brought it out this morning and now neither one wants to play with the old trike and they just fight over the new one. Ugh!!! At that sale I also scored a sweet swingset! One of those big wood ones with a slide and monkey bars and a little picnic table attached. It. Is. Awesome! We just have to go pick it up from the peoples house, which stinks. But for $75 I'm ok with it!! I'll have to post a pic when we get it here!
We also have a new addition to the family! We bought the boys some fish! Ones a goldfish and ones a black something or other.... The boys love them. I'm not a big animal person so that's probably the only pet they will ever have! Roofus and mowgli.....yeah. I don't know why we have such weird names for them. Damon really wants a puppy. Dan was even helping him think of names! I had to be the bad guy and say no. Damon wasn't happy about it. 
Other random things that have been happening lately!
Damon likes to sleep standing up....
He's constantly asking for "rides" around the house. I remember asking my mom and dad to do this all the time... It's kinda fun that he's at that age.
I found these super cool crayola color tabs that you drop in the tub and they turn the water whatever color you want. The boys love them!
Damon hates waking up from the car
I made these nachos.... And they were delicious.
I have inforced child labor. Jk he loves to vacuum and I totally don't mind.
Rafe cries a lot.... This was over the tricycle. He's usually pretty happy but has recently turned into a monster. Super stubborn. Super grumpy. Sassy. Violent. And everything in between!
Damon makes me lunch;)
Rafey cries forever at bed time and never falls asleep in his actual bed. He's slowly getting better.

Life is good! We are loving out new place and are so excited to have family come be with us this summer and maybe do a little traveling of our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment