Monday, March 7, 2011

2 Year Anniversary

Yesterday was our 2 year anniversary. We celebrated on Saturday because there's not a whole lot of fun stuff to do on Sunday. We wanted to go to a driving range or go to Boondocks. Nothing too exciting. We are going on a trip to California for a week at the end of the month and we just had Valentine's Day so we were just keeping it simple. So we slept in until about 9:30. I got up and got Damon all packed to go spend the day with Grandma and Grandpa Heiner. We went to Krispy Kreme for breakfast, never a bad idea. Then we dropped Damon off, did a little shopping, the headed home because the weather was so crappy and we couldn't think of anything else to do. We decided to go see a movie around 5 then we went to Sushi for dinner. We went to Raw sushi, it was super good. The only downside was they blocked off the airport exit and traffic was barely moving. It took us 40 Minutes when it should've taken us 10. That kind of put a damper on our spirits but we had some fun conversation while we waited. We talked a lot about our future, what kind of things we want to accomplish, how we want to raise our kids, and when we should have another little addition to our family (stop right there if your jaw just dropped thinking I'm pregnant....I'm not!). We ended the day back in Melba to pick up the baby. We got there around 10:30 and didn't get home until about 1. We sat and talked with my family for a while. I really love living so close to them. It's so nice to have family close ( and free babysitting is pretty sweet too!).
Over all it was a pretty uneventful day, but it was perfect! Any day where I just get to hang out with my wonderful husband is a GREAT day! We missed Damon all day though. We can't imagine our life without him. He has brought a whole new light into our lives. He's such a sweet little boy!
Sunday came pretty quick. Our church is at 9, so we wake up around 8. We were super tired, but were able to pull ourselves out of bed and get to church. I am now a sunbeam teacher. They are the cutest little kids! I'm excited to be in Primary. After church we just relaxed at home, had a nice dinner, and watched our new TV obsession, Prison Break.
These last two years have been pretty eventful. Getting married, moving to NYC, Dan got a great job, having a baby, and buying a house. I love my life, and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in it!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you guys had such a good time! I can't believe how fast time flies!! Heath and I just celebrated our 1 year!! I can't believe it! But it is soooo wonderful! I love married life and I know you do too! :)

    ReplyDelete