Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rafe's Blessing Day/ Grammy Val Visits!

Rafe was blessed on February 20th, he was 6 weeks old. Dan's Mom came to visit from Florida, so we wanted to bless him while she was here. I didn't get any good pics of our little family or of a group shot of everyone that came, I'm so bummed. But I did get these! They show how cute little Rafe is in his blessing outfit. Thanks to everyone who came! It was a full house. We are so lucky to have such good friends and family!

Rafe is still pretty orangey in these pictures. He had jaundice pretty bad for a little over the first 2 weeks. We were sent home with a billi blanket and eventually had to upgrade to a little tanning bed for him. It was hard not being able to really hold and cuddle him for that first little while. It was a little depressing because he wasn't getting any better and the poor kids foot look like he walked on a rose bush! He had little scabs all over from getting his billi checked. I was so glad when we were finally done with that stinkin jaundice!
Rafe has been a very chill baby since day one. He cries very little, eats great, and even sleeps wonderfully! I was so glad. Damon was a hard newborn, so I was gearing up for the same with Rafe, but no two babies are alike that's for sure! He sleeps from about 10p.m. to 6 a.m. pretty consistently. He only sleeps well if he is swaddled and can't get his arms free. if they get free, he wakes up because he hits himself in the face haha. I actually feel bad putting him in that little sleep sack and strapping his arms down. But I know if we all want a good nights sleep, I have to do it!
Rafe turns 4 months on Sunday, and that's when Damon turns 2! I cannot believe that he is already 2! I just had him! Where does the time go? And when can it slow down?! I'll be sure to put up a post about Damon's birthday and do a little update on that little guy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment