Sunday, July 15, 2012

A little update for now, a bigger one for later!

Well it's like 11 and I'm sort of restless, even though I was up super late last night. Like 3 A.m. late. Dan and I were putting our bedroom back together after we painted it. It's so much easier to do that kind of stuff once the kids are in bed. So anyways, I thought I'd jump on here and do a little update.
We went to Florida for Joe's wedding. The actual trip was great. The flight was hell. Actually, the flights were ok, the layovers were hell. That's for the big update. LONG story short, I will never fly into LAX again. and I don't ever want to fly united again! Delayed flight turned into cancelled flight. sleeping in airport with 2 babies. 0 sleep for mom and dad. little sleep for babies. Mice on the floor. Little accommodation on their end.
WORST.NIGHT.OF.MY.LIFE.
It was so great to see everyone. I wish so badly that we all lived closer. It was so cute to see Damon play with his cousins. They are the cutest little girls in the world! And so sweet! Damon loved them and so did Rafe. I wish we were neighbors so they could play every day!
We got home and caught up on sleep and jet lag then turned around and all got sick. Then got better for a few days, and are sick again. The fourth of July rolled around and it was a blast. We went to Melba for the parade, the kids took naps and Dan and I went on a little day date. Then we came back and watched the fireworks. That is my favorite part about the 4th. I LOVE fireworks. We watch them from my parents, which isn't quite the same as being at the school, but it's nice not to face the traffic and crazy crowds. If you've ever been to the melba 4th, you know what i'm talking about! One of Dan and I's favorite thing to do is go up on my parents balcony and look at the long line of traffic trying to make it's way out of melba. You can see all the roads from their house and it takes hours for everyone to get out of that tiny little town.
We went boating on the 3rd. It's been about 4 yrs since I've gone. and it was so amazing! I forgot how much I love to ski and wakeboard. I thought since it's been so long I wouldn't remember what I'm doing, but I snapped right back! I was pretty proud of myself, although I was so tired after skiing, wakeboarding, and wake surfing. (which is awesome by the way and super easy, if you haven't tried it, you must!) It must be the 2 kids I had during those 4 years;) Takes a toll on your body!
Rafe just got his 6 months shots. (where does the time go?!) And he just got the muscle under his tongue clipped. I had to hold his little head while they did it, and I hated that! It was super quick, I wish I would have done it sooner! IT is so dang hard to spoon feed him. I always give up and just give him a rice cereal bottle. I think I need to take him to do the physical therapy on his tongue so he can learn how to eat and suck properly. It just gets in the way of the spoon and it all gets pushed right back out. I was hoping I wouldn't need to take him for that, but I think it'd be best. He's rolling over and is starting to sit up pretty well. He loves his jumper and spends most of his time in there. He loves to stand on our legs and jump. I'm bad about tummy time and putting him on the floor, which has made him slower at learning how to roll over and scoot and sit and everything else. He's safe in his jumper. WHen he's on the floor, Damon attacks him and has to be RIGHT next to him, and the A/C is always on in our house and freezes him when he's down there. He hates tummy time and just pushes his face in the ground. So yeah, he hardly is alone on the floor to learn how to roll and army crawl. Which frankly, i like having him immobile right now;) I remember being so excited about all this stuff with Damon and trying to get him to crawl and roll and walk so fast! Then he was into everything haha! So I'm in no rush for Rafe to learn all that.
Damon has an ear infection, which has been fun..... It's his first one, so I can't really complain. He's been a trooper. He's starting to talk so much more! It's hard to understand, but he's getting there. His face expressions are the best! He always looks like whatever he's saying is so important! He'll ramble and ramble then just laugh like whatever he just told you was so funny. I just wish I could understand! He is such a sweet boy. He always is loving on Rafe and whenever Rafe cries, Damon runs to him and yells "Rafey! Rafey!" It just melts my heart to see how much he loves his little brother and cares for him. He always wants to wake him up in the morning while rafe is taking his morning nap. "Rafey sleepin?" Then I say yes, and find him trying to sneak upstairs 5 min. later. I love that kid!
We have been working in our yard alot and doing lots of projects around the house. It's so much fun to do that stuff with Dan. It makes me feel so grown up;) haha looking at OUR house and OUR yard makes me feel like an actual adult....cuz two kids doesn't make me feel like that? haha I don't know how to describe it. But I'm sure some of you know what I"m talking about!
Things are going great for us. We are staying busy. I'm excited for this sickness to go away so we can enjoy our summer! Although, I wish it wasn't so dang hot. i never want to leave the house. i hate the heat. I'd love it if it rained everyday and the high was like 75 degrees. haha I know i know! I'm weird.
Well that's all for now! Here's some cute pics of the boys;)






No comments:

Post a Comment