Friday, September 14, 2012

Dan's Tonsil Recovery

We are on 3 and a half days since Dan got his tonsils out.  My Mom and Dad took the kids until Thursday, so that was a nice little break. I would like to say that we caught up on sleep while the kids were gone...but we didn't. We stayed up late watching movies some nights and it was just hard for Dan to sleep in general. His pain medicine didn't seem to be working very well for him so the first few days were pretty rough. I called into the Dr. and they gave us some stronger meds, and since then things have been a little better for him. I hate seeing him in pain and knowing there's nothing I can do to help him. He's hardly been able to eat anything, but is trying to drink as much as he can.
Seeing Dan go through this has really made me NOT want to get mine out in a week and a half. I'm dreading it. But I know in the long run, I will be happy I got them out. I'm tired of being sick and having sore throats all the time. I keep thinking that since Dan's are out now, maybe I wouldn't get sick as often because we wouldn't be passing our sickness back and forth to each other. But in the end I know my tonsils are still bad and need to come out. I wasn't looking forward to it before, but now I'm freakin out a little bit!
I have THE best visiting teachers ever! They brought us over amazing dinners. They are so great and I'm so glad that they are my visiting teachers. They are both so quick to offer service no matter what they are going through in their own lives. So Thanks so much Tricia and Desiree! I love you two!
Today is the first full day with the boys back and it's actually been really fun. Rafe and Dan both took a nap this morning so Damon and I went to the park and rented the Lorax and got some treats. Every time I take Damon to the park I'm always surprised at how big he is and how much he can handle. He is also talking SO much! His vocabulary is huge. I didn't realize how much he picks up from just everyday boring life with mom! But he's pretty much talking in full sentences, and it's wonderful. I love being able to understand him and what he wants.
Rafe has both his bottom teeth completely through now, and is sleeping much better! He slept all night and went back down for a nap around 10. Now it's 1 and I'm hoping he wakes up soon;) I'm not used to these long naps. It's unusual for him. He's been such a cat napper lately. but maybe that was just the teething. Either way it's been nice and the boys have been awesome through all of this! I hope it stays through my surgery, because that's when I think I'm really going to need them to be good!
Hope you are all having a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment