Monday, August 29, 2016

Damon's First Day of 1st Grade!






Last night we packed his lunch, picked out his outfit, had a little pep talk, and were in bed by 8:00. Damon was so excited for school, which as a mom always makes it easier. We woke up at 7:30 this morning and he pulled me in close for tight hug and said, "I'm gonna miss you!" It was the sweetest thing because Damon isn't real affectionate and doesn't really say that kind of stuff anymore. So the fact that he said that without any prompting, or me saying it first made me feel so happy. I told him I was going to miss him too but that he was going to have the best day!

We got dressed and ate breakfast. We took a few pictures then Dan walked him to school. Once they got to the gate he gave Dan a hug and took off.

Our day at home was much more quiet than usual. We sure missed having him around. He's my big helper so I missed that for sure. Rafe was having a hard time and just wanted lots of cuddles and attention. So that was nice. Before we knew it, it was time to go and pick up Damon.

He told us he had the best day ever! That he loves school and made lots of new friends. He got 2 recesses! He learned how to dribble a basketball and climb the monkey bars. He had a good time. I was so glad! This elementary has kindergarten through 6th grade so I was worried he would get overwhelmed, but he's a pretty go with the flow kid so it was great!

It's weird to think he'll be going back tomorrow! I think as the days go on I'll miss him more and more. I've been excited for school to start, I won't lie. He can be super needy and has to have all my attention all day every day. And that gets exhausting. He loves for me to entertain him, which I love playing games with them and spending time with them, but he can sure put me on a guilt trip if I don't give him attention all the time. So I've been like, yes! School! He has just been content to hang out since he got home. I can tell he's a little tired and just wants to relax and I'm totally fine with that!

Rafe starts pre-school in about a week and I think that will help him feel like he has his own new friends and stuff to do and he's not just hanging out with mom all day every day!


2 comments:

  1. Nice couple....god bless you.

    The EB-5 program is one of the best ways to achieve permanent residence in the United States.

    EB 5 regional centers, EB5 Immigrant Visa Program, EB 5 projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now to wear a short sleeve, orologi replica fight the wrist watch on the season. Rolex, Omega, Panerai, the nations of these mainstream watches, Kopior klockor although are very good watches, but they have been difficult to let us in the crowd to achieve "beyond". As a person who likes Rolex, even I now feel that I seem to be wearing an offshore type (although I also feel expensive). We need to identify higher, more eye-catching, worthy of the watch to achieve in the crowd "beyond".pandora on sale And Audemars Piguet new color offshore diving table can be said to be the best choice, very eye, recognition and watch the value of high. After all, a color of the offshore type, enough "spike" around us most of the watches. But now this time point, the new color offshore diving table to the second half of the large-scale listing, according to public sales. At this moment, omega replique the secondary market of color offshore diving table has become a "fried" target. The most beautiful green has been overvalued, other colors are not cheap. So, if you want to catch the summer in the first to wear a new color offshore diving table, the first in the crowd to achieve "beyond",pandora rings sale then you need a big price. Now this stage is the price of high, but also wear colored seaside diving table the best time,pandora sale this watch is no doubt that this season is the best choice. Do not want to start big price ahead of time to see you players the courage.


    ReplyDelete