Monday, August 8, 2016

Summer catch up! Part 1

Oh my goodness. I just looked at my last post 🙄😁 I can't believe it's been that long since I've blogged. A lot has been going on this summer. 
Damon finished kindergarten! He was so sad that he wouldn't be able to go to school all summer. At his end of the year program he announced that he would like to be a semi driver when he grows up. He also received the kindest cowboy award which made me one proud momma! He really is such a kind hearted little boy. His principal said something that I loved when she handed out the awards, she said, it's good to be smart but it's even better to be kind. Dan and I talked about how true that was. Kindness is an underrated quality these days. People are so cold and harsh. It makes me feel so good when I see someone being kind. So my mommy heart was over flowing when they gave him that award. 

We bought a house here in Idaho falls! When we moved here we found a subdivision we really loved but they didn't have any rentals in here so we told ourselves when we were ready to buy that we should look here first. We looked into building but after having Jag I just have been  struggling to keep up with these crazy boys and the thought of building a house on top of that sounded like a nightmare. So we found a speck home that we loved that they had just finished in the neighborhood and bought that. We are so glad to be in our own home again. It's been 3 years since we've owned a home and when you go from owning to renting it's not fun! I hated moving every year! So we are loving making this place our own and making it all cozy for our family. 
Those are the only pics I have on my phone but we love this house. We still need to put in our yard but will probably do that next summer. There's 6 bedrooms so we have been hosting lots and had lots of visitors which we love. It's a little overwhelming but we love having friends and family here. 
Dans family came to visit. His mom and dad, Beth and David, and Joe and Thea and Maya. We liked catching up with everyone and having our house full of people we love! We went to the splash pad, and the park, and just enjoyed playing games and watching movies and each others company. 
Papa tom and Rafe going to get sno cones at Damon's t ball game. 
Playing at the park with Grammy Val and Papa Tom
The cousins eating lunch together!
I didn't take many pictures, but we had a fun time together. 
Damon played T ball this summer. It was fun to watch him play but it was also hot and difficult to keep the other two occupied for an hour. But Damon has a good little throw and really had the batting down at the last few games. 
We spent the Fourth of July in Melba. I love being home for the fourth. It's usually when my Heiner family has our family reunion and it's great to see all my cousins and all the new babies and catch up with everyone. There's so many of us it's hard to talk to everyone, especially when you're chasing kids. But we had a fun time! The boys loved the fireworks and the parade! Papa also bought some four wheelers and the boys couldn't get enough of those! 

Grandma took us to see the secret life of pets. The boys loved it and the baby slept the whole time. It was perfect!!
The boys also had a blast swimming in grandmas pool. She sent it home with me and I still haven't blown it up so they can enjoy it again! Haha I can't find my pump anywhere!
This summer is flying by! The weather is starting to cool down already it seems like. Damon starts first grade in a few weeks and Rafe is going to preschool 3 days a week. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself haha. It will be so nice. But I will miss them. Especially Damon being gone all day every day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment